12.01.2015

DON'T WONDER, JUST DO.

life is too fucking short to wonder & never take a chance.
So, lately my heart has been heavy with my passions as a photographer. I'm feeling so good, and just happy with where my work is going. I know I don't have a lot to show right now, but getting back into the groove of blogging has really motivated me to want more with my work in this creative field. It's seriously so R-A-D to be asking people over Facebook or whatever to see if they would like to do a shoot with me, and a few have said yes! Which is 100% the best. 

I've been studying other photographers work to get inspired, and motivated on where I would personally like for my work to go, and I feel like I've gotten to the point to really show people what I can pull off. 

Recently I read this blog from Andria Linquist, Conductor of your own Train, she talks about owning her own business, not letting "the man" be your boss, and not to be afraid to grab your life by the horns and say "life is too short to wonder and never take a chance. HOLY SHIT, you know, she's right? I remember when I was a senior in high school, not really knowing what I wanted to do with my life quite yet.. BUT I remember that I was saying no to becoming a nurse, and taking the "essential" classes to get me there. I mean, I knew, and still know I have it in me to become someone as wonderful as a nurse, but there was something else that was gnawing at the back of my head telling me to say no the all of that. 

you dont even know what you’re missing yet. once you have it, there’s no going back. never handing back the reigns. 
- andria lindquist

I like to think that I could be a creative person.. I mean I was/still am a musician (i've put down my clarinet, but that don't mean I still can't play), I made homemade cards for my best friends birthdays, and I really got into photography, and that thought of wanting to become someone who has a "stable" job making a lot of money just didn't appeal to me anymore. So, I put an end to that. I let go of that passion, let go of the relationship that I had at the time (thank you), and I just needed to be me, and make fucking mistakes, and FEEL EMOTIONS. I had such a stable thing going on, and I needed it all to change. Being someone that can be creative, was my goal, and ultimately still is my goal. I figured it out... I really wanted to be a photo journalist. I can't say that the  journalist part is still a burning passion (as i write my heart out on this blog... lol), but photography is. The desire is on fire right now. I really want to put myself out there, and I'm taking everything that I learned from my mentor in high school (Kim Robbins), and my favorite photographer (Andria Lindquist), and apply it all to what I want to do. 

Anyway.. I just wanted to share that. I have been thinking about it all weekend, and I needed to share it somewhere, and I was trying t figure out the right time to share it on here, and then I started to get technical about it, like if I should have a photo to go with the text, should I incorporate this emotions into a shoot. I don't know, but here it is. OUT IN THE OPEN! 

Tell me though..

What are your passions? Would you, or are you pursuing them?

hava love,

b.

No comments:

Post a Comment