3.07.2013

Olivera St.






John took me to Olivera Street for the fist time this past weekend, and needless to say I loved it. We took the Gold Line to Union Station, because the street is literally right across the way from the station. This was also my first time riding a train in years, and it was interesting to see all the different people that rode the train. It was so nice to see things that my mother may have grown up on, or what my grandparents grew up on back when they were younger. I'm half Mexican, but I don't know a lot about the Mexican culture, mostly because ever since my grandparents passed I kind of just strayed away from any reminders of how things were when they took care of my cousins, and I. When I went to Olivera Street I was reminded of my Nino and his shoes that he wore, and it was just constant waves of nostalgia, and joy. I miss being with my family, and how things were when my grandparents were alive, because it honestly felt like they were the glue that kept the family together. 

Aside all of that, I had so much fun with John! We had some food, he bought me a shirt (which I adore!), poked fun at various things, and just enjoyed each others company along with the people of the area. Hopefully more adventures to come! Along with more photos, promise.

Have Love

No comments:

Post a Comment