11.19.2015

MOVEMENT


Today I had a moment.

I was at work, and all of a sudden majority of my employees walk into the back of the store, and I got this really overwhelming feeling. I think it was sadness. Just seeing all of these people that I hired, and worked so hard to develop in front of me made me feel like a proud mama. I almost cried.

I'm being transferred to a different store, which quite frankly is going to give me so much more experience as a manager, and I'm going to learn from the opportunities that place gives me in the future, so I'm pretty happy about that. However, every time this little group of employee's come into the store I always have the best time, and it really makes me reflect on how well I did as a manager with training them, and it really makes me think about how badly I'm going to miss them.

So, I want to talk about movement from the people you have grown to really care about. It is so hard. I remember when I first moved to Washington, I was just sad for a few months. It was really hard for me to cope with the fact that I wasn't going to be near my parents, or my brother as often anymore. I was never a problem child, and I got along with my parents, and my little bother. I mean, my brother, and I have only gotten in one fight in our entire lives together, it was awful, and we cried, AND we were in our late teens years, so there were a ton of emotions. SO, how do you cope with that? I've had to learn from myself, and from others to be able to move on from these feelings, and I still somewhat struggle with it to this day. I miss my best friends especially right now, and I find it really odd how distance really made my heart grow even more fonder than it already was for them. My best friends are two amazing individuals, and I love them so much. Dani, and I have been best friends for a little over 10 years, and Jeffrey and I have been best friends since I want to say 2012 or 2013? But we just became this amazing trio of friends, and I am so happy that it happened. I don't even think that we even said goodbye when I first moved to Washington, but then when I went to California for my honey moon with John, and the three of us were together, it made things very difficult to deal with the fact that these people were here in my presence, and I wish I spent more time with them.

I guess maybe I'm saying that I've felt lonely outside of being with my husband, because I don't really have all that many friends where I live, and that really gets to me. That's why it's been somewhat of a huge milestone to hang out with people outside of work, and when I mean 'hang out' I don't mean parties/kickbacks, i mean having awesome conversations, and dinners as an actual adult. I've always wondered when that would happen... Having "adult" friends, and quite frankly I feel like I am just barely getting into having friends that are mature in my age group. I skipped a lot of years where I had friends in high school, and then when I moved I needed to mature, and move along with my age, and I'm pretty proud of where I am now.

I deal with whatever loneliness I have by asking someone how I can deal with that, going to my husband, and just accepting it. I'm still working on this whole finding friends thing, and making sure I don't get too attached to the humans that come into my life, whether it's through work or not.

How do you deal with moving on from different parts of your life?  Comment below!

have love.

I took the photo above. It is a building on the University of Washington Campus.


No comments:

Post a Comment